Professional rain and precipitation sensor
Professional rain and precipitation sensor with our patented unique single spoon tipping bucket is one of the most accurate and reliable precipitation gauges on the market and for 36 years, we have supplied more than 230.000 rain gauges to 41 countries on 5 continents.
We deliver our products to OEM customers only and we are not competing with you for the end user.
Features and benefits
Beneath is listed the features and benefits of choosing Professional as your rain gauge.
Meteorological patented unique single spoon tipping bucket is one of the most accurate and reliable automatic rain gauges on the market. It gives you advantages in:
- More accurate measurements
- Only one adjustment screw which makes it easy to recalibrate.
- Bucket made in POM, which is a more dismissive material and therefore makes dust and dirt not stick so easily on the spoon and maximize water release.
Calibration is a very important issue for PRONAMIC and therefore all Professional rain gauges are manually calibrated. It gives you the guarantee for a very accurate measurement. Free selection of 0,1 - 0,2 - 0,25 or 0,5 mm resolution at the same price. Accuracy: +/- 2%.
Rains sensors with minimal maintenance
Our small rain gauges require minimal maintenance due to:
- Outer shell is made from ASA which makes the surface easy to clean and highly UV-resistant.
- High quality plastic materials and a simple design for a very long durability (10-20 years)
Rain gauge/Tipping Spoon
Professional measures the precipitation by means of a funnel (orifice 50 cm2), which leads the water down into the single self-emptying tipping POM spoon, held in place by a hard ferrite magnet.
The magnet always exerts just enough tension to allow the measuring spoon to empty in one quick movement (less than 300 ms) and then return to its normal position, ready to once again collect precipitation. This means the counter weight always remains the same opposite to other conventional two spoons tipping bucket rain gauges.
Diagrams of intensity are available in the datasheet here.
ASA plastic materials
The rain gauge made in molded thermoplastic, also known as ASA, which has high outdoor weather ability.
ASA is extremely resistant against the sun’s UV radiation, it is frost‐ and heat resistant, standing all climatically conditions.
The product is widely used in the automotive industry as well as several other outdoor applications.
The electronic printed circuit board with individually tested and high quality reed switches protected against extreme weather conditions such as extreme frost or heat. This include corrosion from salt water due to the PCB is coated with weather-resistant varnish.
The printed circuit board comes in two versions:
- Item no. 300.021: PCB No. 9601 (NC—normally closed) has male connection and 1 reed switch.
- Item no. 300.023: PCB No. 9602 (NC—Normally closed, NO—Normally open). Terminal strip with 4 connections / 2 outlets and 2 reed switches, connected-up in series by 1 kohm and 1/4W resistor.
Customization and Accessories
Full customization of your rain sensor
Our strength is customized rain sensors for the individual customers. Professional can for example be customized especially to your demands regarding:
- Mounting bracket - We offer to deliver a mounting bracket that fits into your system.
- Cable connections - We can manufacturer the rain gauges with a variety of connection cables so they will fit your system.
- Color Match - get the rain gauge in your company/product color(s).
- Logo Match - Branding of your own brand/company name on the rain gauge.
Currently we can offer following accessories:
- Standard pole bracket item 500.312
- Standard 2 mtr. Binder cable mounted on the sensor. Item 500.333
- Standard green color. Item 300.023GC
- Standard Bird Spikes. Item 500.319
- Standard leaf grid/bird spikes. Item 500.320
The PROFESSIONAL is light (380 gr) but rugged which makes it perfect for:
- Weather stations (MAWS)
- Irrigation/soil moisture management
- Water works
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Hydropower stations
- Highway Authorities
- Construction Engineering
- IoT solutions
Please go to application areas for further information.
Agriculture – precipitation gauges optimize your water use
It is a very good idea to optimize the use of water – for the environment as well as your bottom line. That’s why a rain gauge / precipitation gauge can make an important impact on your agricultural processes. With our unique single self-emptying tipping bucket-technology, we offer one of the most economical measuring instruments on the market.
Price and logistics
We deliver directly to you. We have no agents, distributors or other expensive middlemen.
Let us have your estimate for quantities required and we will come back to you within 1 day on weekdays. Our strength is customizing, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for a price request on some specific demands.
Due to its size and lightness, it is economic to transport worldwide. Time of delivery: 5 days + transportation time by TNT.
5 days + transportation time by TNT
Our rain gauges are of such a high quality that we offer 24 months of warranty on mechanical- and plastic parts.
All components are RoHS approved.
Professional have been tested 100 % frost proof.
See Service & Support for further information.
Test and Patent
Professional has been thoroughly tested by the Danish Ministry of Agriculture, State Field Experiment, Department of Agricultural Meteorology, Research Center Foulum, DK-8830 Tjele.
- All components are RoHS approved.
- Professional has been tested 100 % frost proof.
- Professional has for several years now been certified for use by NATO allies.
Professional is patented and protected by the Law of Copyright. Patent no. UM-27598, AU pat. 565951, EPO Pat. 014212, US pat. 4.644.786, CA Pat. 126181, Japan Pat. 501208/83 Taiwan Reg. 74-201292
Components may NOT be used for other products or purposes without a written approval from PRONAMIC ApS. Violation implies immediate prosecution.
For more information