Tower rain and precipitation sensor
Tower rain and precipitation sensor with our patented unique single spoon tipping bucket is a reliable low cost high quality rain gauge ideal for small weather stations and irrigation/soil moisture management.
For 38 years we have supplied more than 300.000 rain gauges to 65 countries on 6 continents and we deliver our products to OEM customers only and we are not competing with you for the end user.
Features and benefits
Beneath is listed the features and benefits of choosing Tower as your rain gauge.
Tower patented unique single spoon tipping bucket is one of the most accurate and reliable rain gauges on the market. It gives you benefits in:
- More accurate measurements
- Only one adjustment screw which makes it easy to recalibrate.
- Bucket made in POM, which is a more dismissive material and therefore makes dust and dirt not stick so easily on the spoon and maximize water release.
Our is Tower delivered machine calibrated with 1 mm resolution as standard. Accuracy: +/- 5 %.
Our Tower rain gauges require minimal maintenance due to:
- Outer shell is made from ASA which makes the surface easy to clean.
- High quality plastic materials and a simple design for a very long durability (10-20 years)
Rain gauge/Tipping Spoon
Tower measures the precipitation by means of a funnel (orifice 50 cm2), which leads the water down into the single self-emptying tipping POM spoon, held in place by a hard ferrite magnet.
The magnet always exerts just enough tension to allow the measuring spoon to empty in one quick movement (less than 300 ms) and then return to its normal position, ready to once again collect precipitation. This means the counter weight always remains the same opposite to other conventional two spoons tipping bucket rain gauges.
Diagrams of intensity are available in the datasheet here.
ASA plastic materials
The rain gauge made in molded thermoplastic, also known as ASA, which has high outdoor weather ability.
ASA is extremely resistant against the sun’s UV radiation, it is frost‐ and heat resistant, standing all climatically conditions.
The product is widely used in the automotive industry as well as several other outdoor applications.
The electronic printed circuit board with individually tested and high quality reed switches protected against extreme weather conditions such as extreme frost or heat. This include corrosion from salt water due to the PCB is coated with weather-resistant varnish.
The printed circuit board comes in two versions:
- Item no. 100.073: PCB No. 9601 (NC—normally closed) has male connection and 1 reed switch connected in series with a 1K ohm 1/4W resistor and a TVS-diode in parallel..
- Item no. 100.074: PCB No. 9602 (NC—Normally closed, NO—Normally open). Terminal strip with 4 connections / 2 outlets and 2 reed switches. Each reed switch is connected in series with a 1K Ohm 1/4W resistor and a TVS-diodes in parallel.
Price and logistics
We deliver directly to you. We have no agents, distributors or other expensive middlemen.
Let us have your estimate for quantities required and we will come back to you within 1 day on weekdays. Our strength is customizing, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for a price request on some specific demands.
Due to its size and lightness, it is economic to transport worldwide. Time of delivery: 5 days + transportation time.
5 days + transportation
Our rain gauges are of such a high quality that we offer 24 months of warranty on mechanical- and plastic parts.
All components are RoHS approved.
Tower have been tested 100 % frost proof.
See Service & Support for further information.
Tower is patented and protected by the Law of Copyright. Patent no. UM-27598, AU pat. 565951, EPO Pat. 014212, US pat. 4.644.786, CA Pat. 126181, Japan Pat. 501208/83 Taiwan Reg. 74-201292.
Components may NOT be used for other products or purposes without a written approval from PRONAMIC ApS. Violation implies immediate prosecution.
For more information
VAT no.: DK34080623