Single spoon tipping-bucket technology
All our precipitation sensors are equipped with our patented unique single spoon tipping bucket-technology. Learn more about the technology here.
A technology full of features and benefits
The DNA of the product is our patented unique self-emptying single spoon tipping bucket, which is one of the most accurate measuring instruments in the market for rain sensors. Using this technology provides you with a series of features and benefits:
- Very accurate measurements: +/- 2 %
- Flexible with many options in resolutions. Standard is 0,1 – 0,2 – 0,25 or 0,5 mm.
- Only one adjustment screw, which makes it easy to recalibrate.
- Easy to replace when maintaining the rain gauge.
- Bucket made in POM, which is a more dismissive material and therefore makes dust and dirt not stick so easily on the spoon and maximize water release.
How does the tipping bucket-technology work?
The precipitation is measured by means of a funnel which then leads the water down into the single self-emptying tipping POM spoon. A hard ferrite magnet keeps the spoon in place.
The magnet always exerts just enough tension to allow the measuring spoon to empty in one quick movement (less than 300 ms) and then return to its normal position, ready to once again collect precipitation. This means the counter weight always remains the same opposite to other conventional two spoons tipping bucket rain gauges.
Areas of applications
The tipping bucket is small in size but can give you valuable insight to use in different application areas:
Tipping bucket rain and precipitation gauges
For more information