Small rain sensor with tipping bucket technology
Rain-O-Matic Small rain sensor with our patented unique single spoon tipping bucket is a reliable low cost high quality rain gauge ideal for small weather stations, irrigation/soil moisture management and drain water measurement in drip irrigation.
For 30 years we have supplied more than 220.000 rain gauges to 41 countries on 5 continents and we deliver our products to OEM customers only and we are not competing with you for the end user. Download datasheet here.
Features and benefits
Beneath is listed the features and benefits of choosing Rain-O-Matic Small as your rain guage.
RAIN-O-MATIC Small patented single spoon tipping bucket is one of the most accurate and reliable rain gauges on the market.
- More accurate measurements
- Only one adjustment screw which makes it easy to recalibrate.
- Bucket made in POM, which is a more dismissive material and therefore makes dust and dirt not stick so easily on the spoon and maximize water release.
Our Rain-O-Matic Small comes standardly as machine calibrated with 1 mm resolution. Accuracy: +/- 5 %.
Our Smalll rain gauges require minimal maintenance due to:
- Outer shell is made from ASA which makes the surface easy to clean.
- High quality plastic materials and a simple design for a very long durability (10-20 years)
Rain gauge/Tipping Spoon
Rain-O-Matic Small measures the precipitation by means of a funnel (orifice 50 cm2), which leads the water down into the single self-emptying tipping POM spoon, held in place by a hard ferrite magnet.
The magnet always exerts just enough tension to allow the measuring spoon to empty in one quick movement (less than 300 ms) and then return to its normal position, ready to once again collect precipitation. This means the counter weight always remains the same opposite to other conventional two spoons tipping bucket rain gauges.
Diagrams of intensity are available in the datasheet here.
ASA plast materials
The rain gauge made in molded thermoplastic, also known as ASA, which has high outdoor weather ability.
ASA is extremely resistant against the sun’s UV radiation, it is frost‐ and heat resistant, standing all climatically conditions.
The product is widely used in the automotive industry as well as several other outdoor applications.
The electronic printed circuit board with individually tested and high quality reed switches protected against extreme weather conditions such as extreme frost or heat. This include corrosion from salt water due to the PCB is coated with weather-resistant varnish.
The printed circuit board comes in two versions:
- Item no. 100.053: PCB No. 9601 (NC—normally closed) has male connection and 1 reed switch.
- Item no. 100.054: PCB No. 9602 (NC—Normally closed, NO—Normally open). Terminal strip with 4 connections / 2 outlets and 2 reed switches, connected-up in series by 1 kohm and 1/4W resistor.
Costumization and Accessories
Our strength is customized rain gauges for the individual customers. Rain-O-Matic Small can for example be customized especially to your demands regarding:
- Mounting bracket - We offer to deliver a mounting bracket that fits into your system.
- Cable connections - We can manufacturer the rain gauges with a variety of connection cables so they will fit your system.
- Color Match - get the rain gauge in your company/product color(s).
- Logo Match - Branding of your own brand/company name on the rain gauge.
Currently we can offer following accessories:
- Standard pole bracket
- Standard 2 mtr. binder cable
The Rain-O-Matic Small is light (118 gr) and compact but rugged, which makes it perfect for:
- Small weather stations
- Irrigation/soil moisture management
- Drainwater measurement in drip irrigation
- Outdoor sport facilities
- Hobby Gardeners
Please go to application areas for further information.
Agriculture benefits from a rain gauge
With the help of a rain gauge you are able to measure the precise amount of precipitation that is needed to water your crops. That’s why a rain gauge can optimize your water use and reduce production costs. Our rain gauges and precipitation gauges are equipped with a self-emptying tipping bucket-technology which makes it one of the most accurate measuring instruments on the market.
Price and logistics
We deliver directly to you. We have no agents, distributors or other expensive middlemen.
Let us have your estimate for quantities required and we will come back to you within 1 day on weekdays. Our strength is customizing, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for a price request on some specific demands.
Due to its size and lightness, it is economic to transport worldwide. Time of delivery: 5 days + transportation time by TNT.
Our rain gauges are of such a high quality that we offer 24 months of warranty on mechanical- and plastic parts.
All components are RoHS approved.
Rain-O-Matic Small have been tested 100 % frost proof.
See Service & Support for further information.
Rain-O-Matic Small is patented and protected by the Law of Copyright. Patent no. UM-27598, AU pat. 565951, EPO Pat. 014212, US pat. 4.644.786, CA Pat. 126181, Japan Pat. 501208/83 Taiwan Reg. 74-201292.
Components may NOT be used for other products or purposes without a written approval from PRONAMIC ApS. Violation implies immediate prosecution.
For more information